Sunday, September 11, 2011

Old World Italian Bakery found "Behind the Rocks"

Finding myself desperate a cup of real coffee and something sweet one morning I stumbled upon Roma Bakery the other day on my way to work. I entered the charming bakery that was bathed in sunlight and made my way to the pastries.  


I was so happy with the light and flaky cherry turnover that I followed it up with a raspberry one. In addition to pastries, the owner, Tanya (who has been in business at the same location for nearly 40 years) told me that they sell pizza, grinders, and arancini. They have a nice, spotless counter where I plan to spend my lunch hours sampling a Broccoli and Potato pie this week. So why should you check out Roma? 1. Price are terrific, dare I say "old-world prices". 2) They open at 7 am, so if you need to be at work early...this is the place to go. 3) Turnovers are beautifully light and I think the crust might be made of the same stuff as angel wings! Mmmmm. 


Address: 416 New Britain Ave, Hartford, CT 
Phone: (860) 527-3809

1 comment:

  1. I came to this blog and it helped me to add few new points to my knowledge. Actually, I am trying to learn new thing wherever I find. Impressive written blog and valuable information shared here.
    t8 led

    ReplyDelete