Thursday, August 12, 2010

Breakfast in the City

Patio at First and Last Cafe
     I have always lamented that there are not enough places to eat breakfast. It's one of those meals that despite being very important, seems to get overlooked. I say this because when I think of breakfast, I think of warm croissoints, scones, quiches, omlettes, frittatas or the like paired with a frothy mocha or chai tea latte. Dunkin Donuts doesn't do it for me in the morning. I can't eat breakfast from a fast food place where everyone's in a bad mood, long lines, and the food (if you can call it that) is slapped together hurridly. That's just not a good start to the day.
     First and Last Cafe is nothing like that. The pace is mellow, the atmosphere is like a European bakery and the pastries are a work of art! I love going in and seeing the loaves of freshly baked bread stacked in baskets and the piles of gigantic cookies, macaroons, scones, danishes and muffins. There are so many luscious items to chose from. I highly recommend trying one of their homemade quiches, or one of their almond stuffed croissoints which are literally to die for. Then get one of their espresso drinks that are served to you in a real mug, instead of a paper cup and sit outside on their patio and enjoy your breakfast and start to wake up and feel like a real person again. Ah....

Breakfast is served from 7am-11am Monday-Friday and 9am-3pm Saturday and Sunday. Here is the link to the breakfast menu: http://www.firstandlastbakery.com/cafemenu.htm#breakfast

1 comment:

  1. I hate hate hate when any espresso based coffee is served in paper. It always tastes like paper. I never saw coffee served in paper anywhere in italy, including McDonalds, with the exception of coffee procured from a coffee vending machine. Hurrah to those places like first and last who serve in real cups! Much more environmentally correct too!

    ReplyDelete