Friday, March 11, 2011

Cheese anyone?

Well, I don't know about you....but I absolutely, positively, without a doubt LOVE cheese and can't dream of living if my life doesn't have cheese in it! Ok, perhaps that is a bit drastic, but truely I don't think there is a more pleasurable experience than sampling and exploring all the varities, tastes and regions of cheeses that are out there.

So when I saw these events that are coming up at Caseus in New Haven, which I apologize for not reviewing yet for you (I will do so imminently),...I naturally had to share them with you and cross my fingers hoping that you all share my enthusiasm.

The first is: Women Cheesemakers that is going to be held on April 4th at Caesus from 6-7:30pm. It is going to give you a chance to taste the cheeses that women have produced from around the world. Plus you'll get a chance to listen to the fabulous Professor Maria Trumpler, a senior professor at Yale University, who's interests include gender and science, feminist critiques of science, scientific studies of sexuality, and food studies. She is currently teaching a seminar called “Women, Food and Culture”.

The second event is: Beer and Cheese that is going to be held on April 18th from 6-7:30 pm. Despite beer not being my favorite thing in the world, I am sure that it does appeal to quite a few of you foodies, so this might be right up your alley! Along with the glorious cheeses that are awaiting your palates, you will get a chance to pair them with beers from Berkshire Brewing Company. They are a regional brewery located in South Deerfield, MA, established in 1994 by Christopher T. Lalli and Gary A. Bogoff. Their mission is to produce clean, fresh, well-balanced ales & lagers in small batches. All of their beer is unfiltered, unpasteurized and contains no chemical additives or preservatives.

"Every Cheese Has a Story" couldn't be a better motto for Caseus. I am sure that both of these events are going to be a tremendous success, so I would recommend making reservations early!

http://www.caseusnewhaven.com/
Phone: 203.6.CHEESE (203.624.3373)
Caseus Fromagerie and Bistro
93 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, CT 06510

1 comment: