Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Beat the heat, dine on the street...

The warm spring weather yesterday started me thinking about where I could go that offered outdoor seating to it's patrons, so that I could soak up the sunshine. It made me long for places like Quebec City, street cafes in Europe, and even on the streets of New York City. But then I realized Connecticut has it's fair share of lovely outdoor offerings too, so here are some of my favorites so far....feel free to comment or send me some of your favorites that can be added to the on-going list.

Hartford:
Salute, Firebox, Tisane, First and Last, Vitos by the Park, Bin 228, Hot Tomatoes, Bocca Rossa, Braaza, Monte Alban, Absynnia, Coyote Flaco.

New Haven:
Basta, Caseus, Owl Shop.

West Hartford: Shish Kebob House of Afghanistan, Tapas.

Middletown: Esca Wine Bar, Javapalooza!

Avon: The Elephant Trail, Fabiolas.

Some of your suggestions:
1. The Place Restaurant http://theplaceguilford.com/ (courtesy of Jon)
2. The Blue Oar, no website, but you can get details on yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-blue-oar-haddam (courtesy of Priscilla)

No comments:

Post a Comment