Sunday, September 19, 2010

Will the real Drunken Noodles please stand up?!

"Drunken Noodles"
Just looking at this photograph makes me hungry all over again! This lovely creation is my current favorite food to eat and Elephant Trail in Avon is the only place that like to go to have it. I have ordered Drunken Noodles at many other restaurants and they have been a severe disappointment. At one such establishment, the server tried to dupe me into believing that the Pad Thai that they served me was really Drunken Noodles and that the only difference between the two dishes was the peanuts!! Regardless, the Elephant Trail calls itself the most authentic Thai restaurant in Connecticut and I am rapidly becoming a believer in their claim.

Some other good things about the restaurant besides the Drunken Noodles? WELL....first off, I would like to gush about how pleasingly spicy their food is. And as you may have noted from other posts of mine, I can't stand eating bland "ethnic" food. What's the point? Also, they have really good lunch specials which are between $6-$7. And whether you are there for lunch, dinner or takeout, the portions are definitely on the generous side. An added bonus, cause I am always quite happy to see that I have leftovers for lunch.

Finally, for those of us who don't really like driving over that craziness called The Avon Mountain, the owners of Elephant Trail are planning to open a second location in West Hartford this year. Yay!!!! Let's  hope that happens before the bad weather of the season starts, cause it would be a sad state of affairs to get into a car crash coming down the mountain because of a craving for drunken noodles.

Website: http://theelephanttrail.com/site/

3 comments:

  1. This blog is awesome, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta try it at Bangkok Garden in New Haven, on the corner of Chapel and York.

    They do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raketemensch- I will look into it, I love going to New Haven, there are so many places that I would like to blog about. So, more to come! :)

    Jon- Thank you for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete