Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Anniversary to my parents!

The flower symbolic with my parents anniversary
Today is my parents 33rd wedding anniversary, and seeing as there would be no blog and no foodie to write it without them, I would like to take a quick second to wish them a very happy anniversary. My parents are the reasons that I am probably so obsessed with eating, food, health, local dining and exploring of the places that I call home. I fluxuate between cravings for sauerkraut and horseradish and loads of almond paste because of my background. My father is Russian, and my mom is English and Dutch and because of them, I have spent my life thus far in the Virgin Islands (where they eloped), Washington, DC (where I was born) and Connecticut (where I grew up). All very diverse places with a great smashing of cultures, flavors and inspirations. I would like to thank them for teaching me to appreciate different cultures and viewpoints, to learn to love to cook, to always try to see the good and worth in people and situations, to be open minded, to always have manners, respect other people's foods and traditions, the importance of ettiquete, to constantly improve myself, and to always try new things. Now the real challenge, is where to take them out to dinner to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment