Monday, September 27, 2010

Foodie blast from the past

I just thought it would be interesting to share with you some of the photos of a place that most of you should recognize if you are familiar with driving around Hartford. These photos are of Arthur's Drugstore on Farmington Avenue at the intersection of Sigourney and Farmington Ave (diagonally across from Aetna).


And this is the view of Arthurs Drugstore when it had a lunch counter! Personally I wish we still had some decent retro lunch counters around Hartford where I could go for a BLT or something equally as fitting. Sad loss that none of these places seem to exist anymore. Nice blast from the past though.



If I have peaked your interest and you want to find more such photos, these photos are taken from the Hartford Studies project which is housed at The Hartford Public Library.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever the CVS at Whitney & Farmington was before it was CVS had a lunch counter, as did the pharmacy at Prospect & Farmington.

    I only remember very good Grilled Cheeses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definately taking it back, I will have to dig around and see if I can find anything on it.

    Personally I miss going to the Comet Diner for grilled cheese. Miss that darn place. WISH somebody would bring it back.

    ReplyDelete