Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mmmmm Ice cream...

As ridiculously intense as the heat has been over the past few weeks, I am irritated with myself that I haven't made a trip to Salem Valley Farms to cool off with a luscious cone before heading to the beach. This ice cream is made on their premises and is wonderfully creamy. They have the most inventive flavors and I have to admit that I haven't ventured past my favorites which tend to be Mocha Almond, Peppermint Stick or Purple Sable (Black Raspberry Ice cream with chocolate chips). There are some very interesting combinations however that are begging to be taste tested. So if you try some of these... please report back. They are: Banana Walnut, Birthday Cake, Blueberry Cheesecake, Bubblegum, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, Cow Tracks, Ginger, Grapenut, Grasshopper, Peach Melba, Pumpkin, Smores, Blueberry Pomegranate, Whopper, Apple Pie and Egg Nog. And of course, they have all the standard flavors if you don't feel like being experimental and want to just get on to eating to your cone filled with melting goodness.



I don't typically post schedules, but this one is so involved, that I think I have to. I wouldn't want you to miss out on the ice cream. :)

Schedule:
~ Thursday through Sunday the first 3 weeks of April from 12-8pm.
~ 7 days per week beginning April school vacation, daily 12-8
~ Beginning Memorial Day, close at 9pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday
~ Daily hours change to Mon-Thurs 12-9, Fri- Sun 12-10 all summer
~ After Labor Day, hours go back to 12-8 Mon-Thurs 12-9, Fri- Sun for September
~ October Schedule: Thur- Sun 12-8pm daily

www.salemvalleyfarmsicecream.com

No comments:

Post a Comment