Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Noodles, Noodles, Noodles...

Noodles have to be one of the best creations in foodie history. Whether it's used in a spicy drunken noodles dish, slurped up in a classic Italian style, eaten in Afghan ashok, or just stir fried quickly in a lo mein...noodles are one food item that I cannot live without. Thus, I am always in search of new places that are getting creative with my favorite item. One such place is York Street Noodle House in New Haven. I love them because I can eat a ton of food for under $10, it's all relatively healthy and despite eating there practically every time that I visit the city, I still haven't tried all the dishes! The dish that I am currently craving is their "Spicy Mee Yok". It has a really fun noodle that is awesome to slurp. It's sauteed lightly in sesame sauce and comes with brocoli and chopped up collard greens. Could be my favorite light summer noodle dish. They make really amazing soups too, and what makes theirs stand out is the nice use of coconut milk in their broth and selection of noodles to pick from. Definate winner!

Also, they make a mean bubble tea and I am dying for a passionfruit slushy. Too bad I can't get them to deliver to Glastonbury.
http://www.yorkstnoodlehouse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment