Thursday, July 8, 2010

The return of midweek hangovers... part 2


Ah, Thursday. Time to check out some more of the local happy hour scene. Tonight's itinerary includes O'Porto and Churrascaria Braza in Hartford.

Churrascaria Braza is a Brazilian steakhouse where you can gorge yourself at their buffet and with the 12 nightly selections of meats that they will bring to your table. I would rather hang at the bar during the week enjoying one of their nightly specials, as I am not a big carnivore. If you are however, this is your spot. Daily Bar Specials include:
* Basket of wings & a beer on Mondays $7
* Burger, fries and beer for Poor Student Night on Tuesdays $8
* Rotisserie plater and beer for Gaucho Night on Wed $12
* $5 martini and karaoke night on Thursdays.
* Also from 3-6 you can get $3 draft beers, $4 wines and $6 mojitos and caipirinhas. The Caipirinhas have my name written all over them.
http://www.brazarestaurant.com/

Later I will swing my Oporto since their happy hour lasts till 5-7pm. Not on Mondays though, I have tried showing up on several different mondays to discover that they are closed. I don't know why I can never remember that! Other than that, Oporto's bartenders spoil me. I love the buy one get one drink concept. Don't know why that hasn't caught on with other restaurants yet. And they have a cute little patio that I can always find a table at. I am a fan of any bar / restaurant where I can sit outside sunning. All appetizers are half off during happy hour and there are so many offered, that you really won't know which one to try. I suggest the Batata Frita a Portugesa which are fried potatoes with different dipping sauces. They compliment any drink choice!

Good days to remember at the bar:
* Wednesday- Buy one, get one free Wine Day
* Thursday- Portugese Sangria Day (buy one, get one glass, or pitcher free)
* Friday- Premium Beer Day- $2 off each bottle or $6 martinis off their martini menu.
http://www.oportohartford.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment